Disability Support Officer
Full time and part time hours available.
- Negotiate hours that work for you!
- Ongoing training and support
- Embrace our positive, friendly team culture
You've got life experience. You may have spent time working in the community sector. But first and foremost, you have a genuine passion to make a difference.
Sound like you? Then please, read on…
At Wangarang, we're all about people. As an organisation, our vision is to provide work and life enrichment for people with disabilities. But our focus of putting people first doesn't stop there: our positive, social working culture and opportunities for learning and professional development all go some way towards demonstrating just how much we value each and every member of our team.
So as a Disability Support Officer, what will a day in your life involve?
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Disability Support Officer is a critical member of the Human Resources Team. You will be directly responsible for the provision of support and implementing and coordinating support programs and behaviour plans.
Drawing upon your qualifications in Disability work or Community Services, paired with your experience working with people with disabilities you will easily navigate the challenges that come hand in hand with this role.
As the Disability Support Officer, you will be directly responsible for:
- Providing direct support to individuals
- Facilitating goal setting for our supported employees
- Taking a planned approach in assisting supported employees to develop and maintain positive work practices
- Developing behaviour plans and strategies for encouraging positive behaviours
- Playing a key role in the development of staff in the support role
Your stellar communication skills will shine in this role, as will your keen sense of empathy. You'll be a great problem-solver, able to think outside the box.
And we'll take care of you. In addition to your competitive salary, you'll have access to salary packaging. And you'll earn some skills, too: there'll be opportunities for learning and development along the way.
Don't delay. Apply now.